Tuesday 7 February 2017

Well.....

...that wasn't the start to the new year I wanted....three days into 2017 and I ended up in A&E at two am. Luckily twenty two hours later I was home ( an attack of AF)
This year I'm trying to get through the fabric stash mountain. This is hopefully a wearable toile but I'm not holding my breath. Marcy Tilton patterns turn out a little on the large size... I think I should have bought the medium. The fabric is something I bought from a fellow member of The Sewing Forum, it's a waxed cotton, terrible to press and a tad hard to sew. (the forum is down at the moment, hope it will be back soon )



But look at that lovely welt pocket!


bright cotton poplin lining.


It's all but done... just waiting to find the right buttons.

3 comments:

Sid said...

Looks fab and that lining really 'pops' Effie !

Karen said...

WHat a lovely pattern!!!! You have done an amazing job to that plaque...it so very neat!!!! Loving he bright lining :P. I am also trying to use up my fabric stash but unfortunately that just makes me want to buy more haha x

Scrapmate said...

Sorry to hear you were unwell but hope all that's behind you now. The pattern looks great and that lining ...oh my!!!