Tuesday 9 December 2014

It's Been A While...

..since I've had to do any geometry..but to make this I had to work out how to fit an equilateral triangle into a circle..(This new set of doily stamps from Crafty Individuals is great for these baubles.) I guessed and fudged it but you can do it the easy way here.. just use an ordinary compass.. he uses a fancy bit of kit.


You need to stamp 15 doilies, punch them out with a 21/2 inch punch.
Use the compass to draw a circle the same size as the punched circle.. calculate your triangle, make a template of the triangle


place on the circles and score and fold.. glue five together for the top, put the hanging loop in place before gluing the last one in place., then another five for the bottom. Glue ten into a ring for the center, glue top and bottom in place..
If you make one leave a comment so I can come and see!

4 comments:

Sid said...

Looks fab Effie !!

Sue said...

Ooh my heads spinning already with all the technical stuff. Fabulous project though Effie and well worth the effort.

Sue said...

Ooh my heads spinning already with all that technical stuff. Fabulous project though Effie and well worth the effort.

viv said...

That looks lovely, Effie.
I remember doing those many years ago when the children were young we used old Christmas cards