Thursday 26 June 2014

All Dressed

..Up.. I don't often go to big  events (anti social springs to mind !) and therefore don't have any dress up kind of clothes so I had to make something. This is Simplicity 1459. I wasn't sure about the big collar but... it balances out my big hips. This floral one was a practice dress, the fabric is Rose Trellis by Michael Miller from The Sewing Center in Scarborough. I think it's worked out quite well..... and it fits.


It was a bit on the short side so I has to use bias tape to hem it.. so I dug into my vintage stash.


The buttons weren't the right colour so I used a Copic pen, perfect match


This is the one I actually wore.. I love the fabric, it has birds, feathers, masks in picture frames all in a lovely cotton sateen... a bit
Commedia dell'arte.. It was the bargain price of £2 a metre fom Immanuels in Burnley. 


4 comments:

Sid said...

Brill frock Effie !! Fab materials !

homebird said...

told you an addiction to Copics would set in. You now need colours to match all your fabrics (-:

Angelnorth said...

Fab frock! What happens to the practice one though?!

Scrapmate said...

S'beautiful. I especially love the practice one.