Monday 29 July 2013

52 Photos....

.....Last year I undertook two year long projects... Julie's month in Numbers and Photo Friday.. and I completed them both!... this year I decided not to commit to anything.. this was fine at the beginning of the year but we're now halfway through the year ..... and I hate to say it but I miss not having a deadline... I work better under a little pressure but don't tell anyone that! So Jean has a plan..a photo a week.... there will be a list posted shortly on the Scattered Scarlet blog.The subjects don't have to followed in any particular order as long as you document one a week.This is how I'm going to document mine... an easel type flip book so here's the instructions.


Chipboard...2 pieces 11x14 cm, 2 pieces 3x11cm....glue to your paper, fold over the edges and glue down.Take a strip of contrast paper and cover the underside...make sure you press well in the gaps..this needs to form a hinge that will fold without tearing the paper.


Cut one more chipboard piece 11x14.. this will be the front cover.. cover both sides. Cut 26 pages 11x14 from cardstock.


Use a BIA, Cinch or book rings to bind...


Decorate your front cover...


             I'll decorate each page as I add the photograph... hopefully printed on a Pogo...


I know its halfway through the year but you don't have to start new projects in January.

7 comments:

Sue said...

What a great idea:) Will look forward to seeig your photos week by week.

Angelnorth said...

Yep, I'm with you on the deadline thing! This looks like a really good base for your project, hope you have fun with it!

Suzy said...

Oooh Im liking the idea of this. I tried the photo a day thing but it was all too much. Even I can manage one a week methinks and when I get home from Beadnell I will tackle your book.

Deborah said...

The album looks brilliant. Look forward to seeing what's inside as the weeks go by.

Irene said...

I'm in for this

Sid said...

Fab idea and love the folder to hold your pics !!

3djean said...

so we are up and running with the challenge , ive taken my first photo and i should get 2 weeks on the blog this week xx