Sunday 6 May 2012

Through The ....

..square window..well maybe when I've finished it. It's funny how things don't work out quite how you expect them to, I did think this would be a lot more colourful than it is. It's a Kaffe Fassett jelly roll and I have to say I'm not that impreseed with the quality of the fabric either...

but I do love the quilt pattern.The plan is to stitch in the ditch around and inside the rectangles and then do some free machine quilting... that should be interesting.




The lovely Ladies from Quiltesk came again yesterday, the project was a folded and pleated sampler but I'd already done it so I put the windows together...



Their next class I can get to will be New York Beauties... I may have to go stash shopping!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Looking good Effie.

Sid said...

Brilliant, fancy the jelly roll not being up to much !!

Amanda said...

It's interesting to note about the fabric you'd think it would be really good quality. I love your take on the pattern though, I'm always looking for things to do with jelly rolls.

Good luck with the New York Beauties :)

Chicken Licken said...

Love it..as ever. Interesting that the quality isn't great however!

salamanda said...

Do love the pattern and I will remember what you said about quality as I love the look of these fabrics.